MT or medical transcription is transcribing or converting voice recorded medical reports made by health care professionals like doctors into a text format. The transcriber listens to the recorded dictation using software which can adjust the speed of the recording. This will allow the transcriber to listen to the words and type them out into text format. The software also allows the recording to be forwarded and rewound which would make it easier for the transcriber to correct or edit the text encoded.
Now, India has a big industry going on in terms of outsourcing. They have medical transcriptionists, virtual assistants, web maintenance, call centers and others. They have a huge population so they can find the manpower to train in certain fields. Because they have the manpower, the software and the expertise, they can afford to get their prices really competitive. In fact, India may have the most competitive prices on outsourced services like medical transcription.
It is a good idea to outsource medical transcript to India for it is definitely cheaper to do so and because they have such a lot of people to do the tasks, they are also very fast to complete projects. On the other hand, there are a lot of pros and cons involved in this:
• They have the embedded personnel trained in IT who can be further trained into specialized fields like MT
• They have the available skills. No matter what skill a hiring company is looking for, India has it.
• Language is not a problem for English is almost like a second language to them.
• They don’t have any problems with any culture. In fact, they don’t consider culture a problem when it comes to services – if the company demands are strange, they would try to meet it.
• Connectivity is not problem. They have the high speed internet which could make them accept projects and submit them within the time period.
• The rates are very competitive and affordable.
• The turnover of personnel is very, very high. The sheer number in population does not make the service company hesitate to hire and fire their employees. In fact, don’t get used to one or two particular medical transcriptionist for they may just be replaced within a moment’s notice.
• Quality of work can be sacrificed for most of them may have the degree but the education is lacking. Medical transcriptionists from India may be certified but there are times when the quality in work leaves much to be desired.